Events and Fundraisers
The BackStoppers benefits from events and fundraisers held on our behalf. These include events of every kind and every size. Whether it’s a 5k, golf tournament, promotion at a local business, or even a Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Robot match, we’ve seen it all and no event is too small. These events are a great opportunity to support the families of our fallen heroes while raising awareness of The BackStoppers and having fun.
- Visit our Event Calendar for a list of upcoming events, and click on “Subscribe” to receive invites to BackStoppers events in your area
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for Thursdays’ BackStoppers Weekend Calendar highlighting the events taking place that weekend
- Share your photos from events on Instagram and Twitter using #backstoppers
- Contact event organizers for volunteer opportunities
Hold an Event
The BackStoppers does not organize our own events. We would love to help your approved BackStoppers fundraiser by including it in our event calendar, promoting it on social media, and supplying some items for raffles, prizes, etc. You’re welcome to borrow banners (3×5) and we have posters for you to keep (small, medium, and large). We do our best to make sure a BackStoppers representative is able to attend the event. We suggest the steps below
- Email your event idea and any details, i.e. date, time, location to email@example.com.
- Once the event or fundraiser is approved, download either of our current logos – black or gold – to include on your flyer or other materials. Any materials on which our logo appears must be submitted for review before being finalized.
- Download our How We Help, current Statistics, and 501(c)3 documents for talking to potential sponsors and vendors or for displaying at your event.
- As the event nears, let us know how many people you’re expecting and we’ll box the appropriate amount and type of BackStoppers merchandise for pick up from our Frontenac office.
- Share your photos of your event on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #backstoppers and encourage your attendees to do the same.
- Schedule a check presentation photo with Chief Ron Battelle at our Frontenac office at 10411 Clayton Rd Ste A5, St. Louis, MO 63131.
We are extremely grateful for the hard work and dedication of the event organizers, volunteers, and sponsors who make BackStoppers events fun and successful. These events support the families of our fallen heroes and raise awareness of our cause. Thank you!